Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Degrassi Should Be a book series!
I know Degrassi-The Nest Generation already has a book based on the shows but imagine if it 1st started as a book it would be a bestseller.
Maybe even more popular than Twilight!
Okay, maybe I'm going to far but still.
I'm a BIG Degrassi-Next Generation fan,and am so glad it lasting so many years. For those who never heard of Degrassi....well your missing out but its a Canadian drama that air in the US ever week & actually kind of popular in America too.
I decided to give reasons on why I LOVE Degrassi =]
1. They have the biggest cast I've ever seen and it keeps growing & growing.
At this rate in a few years 50 ppl will be the cast of Degrassi
2. Every issue in the book. They have to bipolar disorder to teen pregnancy to body image.There is no way you can say Degrassi is boring. Although the drama isn't as unpredictable as a few years ago it still surprises you with all the drama they come up with.
3. Named after 80's songs. Degrassi episodes are named after songs from the 80's. Now, I'm not a 80's baby but I think its still pretty cool. But what happens if they run out of songs? If they can. I'll guess they'll have to jump in my decade THE GOOD OL' 90's yay!
4. Good looking people. It seems that every person you thought was ugly in Degrassi- The Next Generation actually became a total hottie. Life for example Emma, she wasn't the cutest but now she's a certified hottie. And Jimmy who was always cute but now is certainly on his hottie status. And shall I even say Liberty? She was the ugly duckling now she's a bombshell. I'm thinking if I join the cast of Degrassi you think I'll be a Beyonce' look alike by the end of the show?
5. Good time line. Yes, there was a Degrassi in in late 80's. I didn't know till like 3 years ago. And the timeline is great cause the 2nd Degrassi started in perfect time. I cant remember when The Next Generation started but the age the kids started out in the new generation was the same exact years in real life,. Right on time. So you think in a few years I'll be 30 something and they'll make a Degrassi-Even Nexter Generation and they'll show Mia's little one or Liberty's adopted baby baby all grown up? Cool.
I love this show. BTW the new season premieres I think Feb.14th (the sad and lonely day) lol
on The-N (google it) not sure what time but trust me I'll find out of course. TTYL.
What's it about?
Fourteen year old Candace Ong wants nothing more than to be the IT girl. To be just like her best friend Ruby who has it all from the cutest guys to the nicest clothes. But all Candace feels like she is, is a awkward "inexperienced"(sexually), Asian girl. Through mishaps & to odd to even say adventures Candace learns who she is and who her friends really are after all. (ADULT BOOK)
This book is unlike any book I've laid eyes on ever before. You would assume this book would been for teenage girls but believe it are not its mean to be for adults. You really feel Candace awkwardness & how she feels that she can not live up to her "best friend" Ruby's way of life. This is the first Asian culture- based book. Its extremely hard to find books on Asian teens like I Want Candy so I appreciate this book. It almost seems like this is the Asian, more funny, sexual version of Judy Blume's "Are You There God? It's Me Margret"The only thing that bothered me was I wish they told more on the character of Ruby, her persona is so intriguing that you almost want the book to be about Ruby and less on Candace. I also DONOT like how Keltner does not go deeper into Candace relationship with the guys she meets. "What happened to them afterwards?" is the question you keep asking about the guys that pops up in Candace life. I love the whole eccentric- ness of this book. It makes it truly one of a kind
Peaches By Jodi Lynn Anderson
For those who love: Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants.
What's it all about:
Three girls, sweet hearted & shy Birdie, rich social butterfly Leeda, & bad girl Murphy are brought together on a peach orchard under not so great circumstances but soon discover a life and adventure the never thought they would ever encounter.
Oh How I love this book. This book is AMAZING especially to those who love the girly best freind books. This reminds me ever so much of Ann Brashares's Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and that certaintly a good thing. The description is fantastic, it feels as if you can smell the peaches or feel the grass or hear the bird chirp. So yes i'm a big fan of Peaches and I hope others are too.
Rating: 8 /10
What's it all about?
A 16 year old Kyra Jones has everything at her fingertips, popularity, desginer labels, & ofcourse the ultra hot bad boy boyfreind. Kyra always thought to have things just handed to her but when life puts her in the fast lane she need to choose between a 1st love & a true love, freinds & life & death
Talk about drama! This is book is drenched full of drama that wont let you put down this book. Although I was turned OFF by the mediocore rich girl -perfect life plot something is different about this book. This book sets the tone on how all urban teen books should be. The only thing I could not stand (rather then the smear of mediocore-ness) was the relationship between Kyra & Makai. I feel Carter could have went deeper into their realationship rather then just focusing on their physical attraction to each other.
WARNING- SEXUAL CONTENT
This book has plenty sexual contents. So this isn't a book for your lil sister. reading this book,expect ALOT of raunchy scenes.